background

Wednesday, November 4, 2009




Keith, Graham and I had another trip to Iowa. This one wasn't as long but Graham finally got to meet Aunt Jen and see Uncle Andrew again. We didn't see too many people while we were there but got to see Grandpa and Grandma Groenenboom and all the Great Grandparents in Iowa. Graham got dressed up like a little jack-o-lantern and was incredibly adorable- not that I'm biased or anything. I got to ride in the combine with Andrew and got to enjoy the "fun" of fall and harvest season.


Now we are back to the daily routine of sleeping until 6 or 7, waking up to eat, and napping, talking, and playing all day long. I've been trying to organize our closets and get things cleaned up around the house. It's not so easy when Graham starts to cry 15 minutes into a task and the work gets pushed aside. He's been sleeping in his swing a lot lately so I've been trying to get him to nap in his crib. Some naps are better than others, but never more than an hour. When he's in his swing he can easily sleep for 3 hours.

I officially quit my job and have been looking for a new one. My first option was a daycare close to home, but their numbers are low right now so they aren't hiring. I'm looking at a few other daycares in the area and working on my applications, hopefully something turns up soon! While I wait to start working though, Graham and I are having fun and spending a ton of time together. He is such a happy, laid back baby so life is pretty easy with him. He seems to know when Keith is gone at night though and tends to wake up more often and earlier in the morning. He hasn't learned that I am NOT a morning person yet.

He continues to get the hiccups at least 1 time per day. He hates the hiccups (even though all the books say hiccups are not bothersome to babies). So we usually have some unhappy moments until those go away. Graham loves sitting up now and is just not too content to be laying down unless he has his mobile or something over him that he can talk to. Even then he tries to pull up his head to sit. If he has any type of incline he can thrust himself forward but can't hold himself up, he's getting there though!

He is growing like a weed and we are slowly putting away his 0-3 month clothes as he outgrows them and starting to wear his 3-6 month clothes. He'll be 3 months in 14 days! Graham is also learning to cheer for the Hawkeyes and enjoyed watching a game with Grandpa and Grandma Groenenboom while they were visiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment