background

Monday, November 23, 2009

Entertainment

Graham has a new form of entertainment. He LOVES to sit in his high chair and play with the toys on his tray. We knew he loved to sit up but didn't know where we could put him besides the bumbo chair or on our laps. We wanted a place we could put him where he could easily see us and we could keep an eye on him. We put him in his high chair with his toys and he was HAPPY. He is quite focused on reaching all the toys he can. Sometimes he manages to pick them up and throw them off his tray. We laugh now, but I think it might be a different story when he's throwing food all over :)

I've been taking some video of Graham lately, so hopefully Keith can help me edit that so I can put some up on the blog so everyone can see how much he is growing and changing.

I've decided that I need to start working on getting Graham to sleep in his crib for at least his long nap during the day. If we go anywhere without his swing, it's hard for him to fall asleep and I don't want him to need that to sleep. Yesterday was our first attempt and it went pretty well!! We put him down around 12:30 which is when he normally goes down. He screamed for a while, Keith got him to fall asleep and he slept for an hour. When he woke up he started screaming again. I went in and fed him and then he fell asleep until 5:15! I was even working in his room cleaning up and putting things away and had some lights on and he slept right through it. I finally woke him up because I was scared he would sleep until 8 and then wake up and be ready to play for a few hours and get confused on day/night. This morning he's napping in his swing again but hopefully this afternoon he'll be back in his crib.

Keith and I started setting up for Christmas this weekend. It's early, but with Keith's schedule it was easier to decorate earlier rather than later. Plus, it's only a few days before Thanksgiving so it's fairly acceptable. We thought we had quite a few decorations but when we started unpacking them we realized it only seemed like a lot because we had such a small place last year. It's much harder to fill a whole house! So we made our den the "Christmas Room" and might put a few things in our living room. Maybe we can find some sales after Christmas to decorate more next year!

I'll try to work on that video for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment