background

Monday, August 17, 2009

Full Term +5

This weekend my parents came out to visit and dropped off the changing table. It looks AMAZING! Thanks to my dad for all the hard work he put into this furniture. Keith had such a fun time in the shop learning to make the crib and we appreciate the matching changing table and all the hard work that went into that. It was nice to have my parents out here while Keith was working on Sunday. They helped keep me entertained and tried to keep my mind off the fact that we are still waiting for baby.

This coming weekend should be an adventure too! Mom and Dad plan to come out when baby comes and stay until we kick them out or need to get back home. Keith's brother Curt is coming in from Denver for a visit home to see all his friends and family and Andrew and Jen hope to make it out to meet the little guy too. I say "hope" because you never know what can happen when you're flying standby!

Our final appointment went well today. We got to have an ultrasound and see the little/big guy moving around. He has definitely grown in the past 20ish weeks since the last ultrasound!! Then we did the NST testing where I was strapped up and my contractions were measured along with the baby's heartbeat. I also had to push a little button every time I felt the baby move.

Keith and I could hear the changes in the baby's heartbeat as I was having contractions. It was going from 120 to 150 from his resting periods to his active periods and when I was having contractions. At first he was sleeping, but when he woke up he was moving a TON. The doctor laughed when he saw the change in how often I was pushing the button. Keith also got to see a graph of changes in my contractions. In about 20 minutes of testing I had about 3 big contractions and few little ones.

The doctor then measured me to see if I had any changes. I'm now at 3.5 cm and 80% effaced. Slowly but surely getting there! He tried to work his magic to see if he could get labor started too. He's still hoping I go into labor before my induction. I'm hoping for the same thing.

But for now, we wait until baby decides to make his debut. Let's hope it's soon!! We are going crazy just waiting for him to come. There's only so much you can do having 11 days off work. But soon enough I will not be bored at all and might even be missing this quiet time. So, hopefully the NEXT entry will be news about the baby, though you never know anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment