background

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Luther


This guy is 18 months! Well, he's a few weeks past but let's just pretend its close enough.  Its time for a Luther update.  Luther is quite the character. He is talking so much now. I stopped keeping track of how many words he can say. When he started saying things like "vehicle, finger, angry birds, medicine, and I did it" I wasn't able to keep up on my list. 


He is a kid who knows exactly what he wants and doesn't want and he's getting better at letting us know. He is fearless, and not always in a good way. He nearly walked right into a lake the other day. Keith was right there with him watching and said he he wouldn't have stopped Luther, he would have kept going.

We recently moved into a new place.  After our first night in this place he woke up and said "I did it!"  He had a rough time falling asleep that night, so I think he was proud of himself.  Luther has been learning how to do the stairs here. He hasn't been very careful. I think he sees us easily walking and he wants to do the same thing. He doesn't want to sit and slide. So he took a good tumble down about 12 stairs. Thankfully the stairs are carpeted and he landed on carpet, and he rolled on his side and didn't somersault down. He has 3 marks on his head where you can see he hit 3 different times. More rug burn than large bump.  He is much more careful around the stairs now.  And my heart function has returned to normal. 


Luther also loves to be outside. He could spend hours out on the swing and slide. Another place he has no fear! He uses a big boy swing. He's only fallen off once so far. 

He is always on the move. Even when he stops to eat or check out something on my phone or read a book he is still wiggling or moving somehow.  He doesn't stop too often, so when he does, it's extra special!




This kid is a great dancer. He shakes his hips and will move to any kind of beat, even if the beat is just from the sounds of the dishwasher. 

He loves his baby sister and will bring her toys. He also loves to pick up her arm and wave it and say "hi!" in a very high pitched voice. 

I definitely foresee some terrible 2s coming from this guy. But that makes all the sweet moments even better, right? I think I'll just keep telling myself that so we make it through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment