I'll just try to ignore the fact that tonight he tried to share his boogers with me. I felt him touching my nose and I usually just keep my eyes closed when I'm in bed with him or he tries to talk to me. Since I kept touching my nose I decided to see what was going on. I opened my eyes to see him picking his nose and then bringing his hand over to my nose, attempting to put his boogers in my nose. I'll stick to sharing the pats and cute phrases!
Speaking of phrases, he has been talking up a storm. His longest phrase so far has been 10 words put together. He was asking me about builing a sandcastle with him. He's quite the chatter bug and lately he's been getting better about answering questions about different things. Today he went shopping with Keith for some birthday presents for me. I asked him what they went shopping for, and he may have given me a hint!
He was very excited this week to share his special "valentimes" with his friends at school. When I picked him up he yelled, "Happy Valentimes day mommy!" and gave me a card he had made during his party. He even got to eat ice cream with sprinkles and chocolate chips! A very exciting day for that little man.
His sleeping hasn't been so great. We usually have to lay down with him to help him fall asleep and then somewhere between 2am and 6am he will come into our room to sleep with us. I'm hoping this is just a stage he outgrows. He also talks about monsters, ghosts and scary spiders a bunch so we're assuming between that and Keith's crazy schedule it might be a while until he learns to sleep through the night. As long as he's not too wiggly when he's in our bed it's not too bad. Although he does like to hog my pillow quite a bit. I usually wake up on the very edge of the bed or with a foot, leg, arm, or head on my stomach or shoulder. He likes to be close. My mom might call this payback for me cuddling so "sweetly" with her when I was little.
I'll try to post a few updated pictures of our big guy soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment