This usually means his seat belt is too tight or the sun is in his face. After we fix the problem he usually says, "That's all better!"
2. I'm still here! Mommy where are you?
Said after nap time, meaning "come get me now!" Although he got out of bed for the first time this morning without saying anything and walked into our room. I like the yelling for us to go get him better and am hoping he doesn't start getting out of bed at night.
3. Mommy, mommy! Top talking daddy! (Top=stop)
Said if he wants to play and we are trying to have a conversation.
4. Top it mommy!
Said when I am singing along with the song he is singing and he would prefer to sing a solo.
5. I like more fruit snacks PLEASE!? or May I have more fruit snacks PLEASE!?
Fruit snacks can also be milk, chicken nuggets, chips, ice cream, waffles, banana, etc. Please is said in an incredibly high, squeaky, loud sound. It's a half question, half demand.
6. Mommy (or daddy) stay in Graham bed. Or Mommy go mommy bed.
Said when on nights when Graham would like us to lay down with him when we are putting him to bed. Or if he's okay with us leaving he says the second sentence.
7. All done, all done, all done!
Said when he has finished eating or drinking something and would like us to take his cup or the remainder of his food from him.
8. I go in backseat!
Every time we get in the car he wants to spend 10 minutes playing in the back seat and pretending he can sit back there without a car seat. Not fun when we're in a hurry.
9. You want some food? You want some tea?
His latest phrase when he's pretending to serve us food, usually mac and cheese. Even though he doesn't eat mac and cheese he loves to serve it to us!
10. I need coffee too!
When I need some coffee in the morning (or afternoon) he usually thinks he needs some too, though he's never actually had any.
11. Actually...
He's learning this word and says it with super squinty eyes and a very exaggerated face.
12. Mommy (or daddy) help this you.
Said when he needs help with something.
13. Hmmmm, I know, how bout chicken nuggets!
Said when we ask him what he would like to eat for a meal.
14. Show me my legos!
This mean, I want to show you my legos, or whatever else he is thinking about.
I'm sure there are more fun Graham phrases that I just can't think of right now. He is becoming such a great communicator lately! It is so much fun to hear him talking and see him take part in a conversation. He's able to answer questions, although if he doesn't understand the question he usually just repeats the question rather than answer it.
He's also great at telling on himself. The other day he was in our den with our Christmas tree without me. A few minutes later he came out and said, "Mommy, I touching ornaments!" I asked him if he's supposed to be touching them. He smiled and said, "No."
He had such a fun time at Christmas and loved opening presents! He's having a blast playing with his new toys. He was also a great helped at passing out presents. At our house he would ask if presents were for him and we would tell him who they were actually for. And he remembered quite a few of the packages and could pass them out to the right person.
At Keith's parents house Grandpa gave Graham a present to go put on a chair for Grandpa to open later. A few minutes later we heard ripping paper and saw Graham opening the present for Grandpa instead. He was a great helper :)
I'll try to post pictures of Christmas later and of his program from preschool too!
No comments:
Post a Comment