background

Monday, January 7, 2013

January Update

Things are going pretty well in Oklahoma and we are already getting ready for our next move.  We leave again in just under 3 weeks!  And then we have our big move to Albany.  It will be nice to settle in somewhere and not feel like we are in someone elses house.  We can set up our new place how we want and make it work for us.  Let's just hope we can find an apartment!

In the past few weeks we had Keith's parents come down to celebrate with us before Christmas.  Then they took off and my parents came down.  It was nice to spend some time with family again!  My parents were planning to stay until Christmas day but the weather forecast didn't look great so they took off on Christmas Eve.  We woke up to snow and ice on Christmas day.  All the news stations were making a pretty big deal of the bad conditions and told everyone to stay inside.  But Keith's class was having a potluck at another one of the housing places so we took off to that.  It wasn't too bad when we were out so we were glad we went.  There were a few other kids there that Graham could play with so he had fun playing with "the guys" as he called them.

Things are going pretty well down here, Keith is doing more hands on training now and not sitting in lectures, so he's enjoying that.  An 8 hour day of lectures gets long, especially for about 3 weeks in a row.  And now he just keeps practicing at school until it's time for the big test on January 25!

Graham, Luther and I are doing pretty good.  Luther was going through a growth spurt and waking up more during the night to eat and Graham was going through a "I don't want to sleep alone in my bed and every time I wake up I'm coming into your room to see if you'll come to bed with me" phase so I was a little tired.  Everyone warns you about how much a newborn wakes up, but no one tells you that your 3 year old might wake up more often than your newborn!  Some mornings when I wake up I can't even remember how many times I was up and why I had to get up.  But Luther is sleeping better again and I've been trying to get to bed earlier, so it works.  Maybe someday I'll sleep again?  I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Luther is busting out of his 6 month clothes.  I didn't bring any 9 month clothes along because I didn't think we would need them yet, so we had to go shopping for a few things to make it through until New York.  The bigger outfits will be more comfortable for traveling.  We will have to move him out of his baby seat soon before he outgrows it!  He's getting close.

And of course this wouldn't be complete without a few pictures!

We went through a Christmas light display and stopped for a bit to watch the lights and of course Graham needed his sunglasses.


Luther in his Christmas day finest.  First and last time in this outfit, we could barely get it on him.



Graham figured out how to use our computer to take pictures of himself. 
 He's also figured out how to use skype. 

Big man Luther.  I think he's up to 18 pounds now.  I can't wait to see where he's at when we have his 4 month appointment.  Our backs say he's heavy... he loves to be carried!

No comments:

Post a Comment