background

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

So much new stuff!

I AM AN AUNT!! He is the sweetest little nephew! Colin Ryan Baker was kind enough to come on my birthday. He has a lot to live up to now in terms of gifts. I mean, his first gift to me was being born on my birthday. How do you top that?? I didn't get to see him immediately after he was born like I wanted, but I got to see him less than 24 hours later. He was still pretty "newborn" at that time.

Keith and I were celebrating with our friends Ryan and Chelsea as they got married on my birthday. It was a fun weekend, nice to see my husband all dressed up in a tux and fun to get dressed up and go out. It wasn't fun leaving Graham OVERNIGHT for the first time. I was away from him for 20 hours, which was definitely a lot for me! Usually it's only enough time for a date or a little shopping, but not overnight! Keith and I always talk about how nice it would be to just sleep through the night sometime and not have to get up, though it's totally worth it. But with Graham gone it was strange in our house. We missed his noises, giggles, funny faces, even his cries and 5am feeding. It was good to be reunited.


Everyone kept telling me how much hair he had and I thought it had to have been a lot since people kept saying it. I couldn't have imagined how much hair Colin had though. Pictures don't do it justice, it's SO incredibly thick! I love this little man to pieces and can't wait for Graham and Colin to grow up being just 7 months apart.



Graham's teeth are still coming in. His bottom 2 are in and it looks like 1 more might be making it's way on the bottom too. I don't see top ones poking through. But judging by his mood and drool, more are definitely coming. We are struggling with nap times in the crib lately. He gets mad when he lays down and then screams, rolls to his tummy and won't roll back until we go in. I've been letting him cry for a while until he's tired so when I do flip him over, he hopefully falls asleep. Some days are better than others, but it's never easy.

He is incredibly adventurous and loves to reach for things that are far away. He topples to the ground all the time. Thankfully we have a few pillows and he's always surrounded. He is trying so hard to figure out crawling, time to do some more baby proofing! He will be there sooner than we are ready I'm sure.

Now that the weather is nice, we are getting out and about for walks and it's so nice to get out of the house! Graham's also a better car seat rider so it just keeps getting easier to pack up and go places.

WE LOVE SPRING!

No comments:

Post a Comment