background

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Recent events...

So much has been happening since my last post! Keith and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary on September 27 and enjoyed a day away at Lake Geneva. We had a champagne brunch while we did a tour of the lake from a boat. It was a nice day so we got to sit outside after we were finished eating. We were both exhausted because we were out late celebrating with friends at an engagement party, but we still enjoyed our time away.

My mom had been saving our cake topper for us to enjoy and it was incredibly tasty. Good work mom! Emily enjoyed time babysitting Graham on Saturday night and Grandma Karner got to spend the day with Graham on Sunday.



Graham continues to be his adorable self, making great faces, learning to smile, "talking" to anything that will listen (including couches, blankets, his stuffed animals, and his mobile). He notices EVERYTHING and hates to fall asleep during the day because something might happen and he might miss it! At night, he's a great sleeper giving us 6-7 hour stretches.


Last week, Keith had to work a 3 day trip and then we had plans to go to Iowa for the weekend for my friend Chandra's wedding. Instead of me sitting around waiting for Keith to go with me, I took off with Graham on Wednesday morning and drove to Iowa. It was a long trip, but we made it after 3 stops and in 6 hours. It wasn't too bad! We got in some quality time with Grandma and Grandpa and Graham got to meet quite a few new people! It was great to spend some time with Iowa friends and family. Here he is giving Grandma some smiles.

Our family photo at Chandra's wedding.

We had so much fun at the wedding and Grandpa and Grandma were wonderful enough to take Graham home with them when they went. That gave Keith and I some time together not worrying about when Graham might start to cry or need to go home. We had a ton of fun until we realized that our car keys were in the diaper bag with my parents about 45 miles away. Fortunately our friends from town were still at the wedding and were willing to give us a ride home. Thanks to Jen, Jason, Kate and Adam for carting us around!!

We spent Sunday and Monday in Iowa and left for home again on Tuesday. It was a nice long trip for Graham and me and now I know that I can make that trip alone and survive.

In other news, Emily and Ryan are excited to be proud parents to a little boy in March! Graham is excited to have a 2-legged cousin to play with (Ruger may be his cousin, but he's a dog so it's a little different), he just doesn't know it yet.

Well, I'm sure I could add more, but I've already written a book so we'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment