He is here!! And as I am typing this he is snuggled up on me and taking a little nap. He has been a pretty good baby for us so far! Considering he's not even a week old yet he's doing pretty good :)
A little info...
I was induced on my due date, September 27, which was also our 4 year anniversary. I joked that we got to spend some quality time in the hospital together to celebrate, and we will never forget what we did on our anniversary that year!
We got to the hospital around 6, I was induced around 8:20, had some pitocin around 12, an epidural around 2, and he was here at 3:44. He was 9 pounds 7 ounces and was 21 inches long. Just a little smaller than Graham. It all went pretty quickly and pretty smoothly. After he was born they took him to the nursery to get checked out. Keith went along so I sat in the delivery room alone for about 45 minutes. It was strange, but I did get to hold him twice before he left at least. When they got back I changed rooms and we had our first visitor! Graham came in and loved on baby Luther, he was pretty excited to see him! He was a little confused about why I still had a belly and why there was also a baby. As my stomach gets smaller he is understanding a little more now I think.
After Graham had some time, Keith's parents, my parents and my sister Jen and her little guy came in to meet Luther. It was a quick visit because Luther got hungry but it was fun to have everyone see him. I felt great that night and everything went well!
The next morning we asked if we would be allowed to go home that day because I was feeling so good and ready to just be home. So we had to wait until Luther was 24 hours old and then we could go home. We had some more visitors including my Groenenboom grandparents and of course Graham, Keith's parents and my parents again. He had his hospital pictures taken and we hung out for a while and could go home.
Graham was excited to have "Loofer! Loofer! Loofer!" home. He is always wondering where Luther is and checking on him. He thinks it's pretty special when Luther checks on him at bed times or other times during the day. He loves holding him, and sometimes it even lasts longer than 30 seconds! I'm hoping this love lasts and jealousy doesn't find it's way in there!
The first night home was pretty rough and Luther was a fan of being held during sleep but last night he managed to sleep in his pack and play for most the night. That was nice to actually get some sleep again, or at least waking up every 3 hours or so instead of holding him most of the night.
Keith is off work for a while so it's been nice to have his extra helping hands around. And Graham LOVES his daddy so he's loving this extra time they have been spending together. We have had quite a few visitors and it's been busy but good. I think in 11 days we will only have 1 day with no people here from out of town.
And of course, here are some pictures of the little guy...



No comments:
Post a Comment