background

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Mini Update

I'm still working on that Christmas video thing, but haven't had time to get that working yet! Things have been fairly busy since we got back from Christmas. Keith has been working quite a bit and Graham and I have been staying inside since it's been so cold. Marne' got to come for a whirlwind visit and it was so fun to hang out with her and Emily for a little while!

I actually found a part time job and will be nannying for a local family every Friday. Graham will stay home with Keith when possible otherwise I'll be taking him along. I met the family last week and they seem like they'll be a lot of fun. I start this Friday, so I guess I'll know more then! I'm already dreading leaving Graham for the day, but it will be good for both of us considering we are almost always together! Hopefully I'm not a total wreck on the first day! Nicole (the mom) is staying home with me for most of the first day to show me their routines and just let me know how things typically go so I'm looking forward to getting to know her and the kids more.

This updated turned into less of a mini update and more of a short story! sorry about that!

Keith's airline is always floating around with some rumor of growth or furloughs, contract negotiations (there's expired 3 years ago) or different changes. They are constantly adjusting where they need pilots and crews to be based. More flying is opening up in Milwaukee (MKE is about 90 minutes from our house) but we're holding out the hope that the Chicago (ORD) base grows more and Keith can stay based in ORD which is about 45 minutes closer that MKE. It's about 45-60 minutes right now, but you never know with traffic or weather! Rumor has at his portion of the airline is expected to grow, so we attempt to patiently wait and see and navigate the changes as best we can. It's hard to imagine that it's taken him 3 years to be a senior First Officer and if he becomes Captain it could be another 3 years until he has this same kind of seniority. It's not an industry where the future is too clear :)

Graham continues to try new foods. He loves to eat! He's getting stronger and is getting closer to sitting on his own. He still doesn't want to roll over very often for us. He will on occasion, but he's just too content to try sometimes. He'll get there in his own time! He's a happy little man and is getting so big. He wears mostly 6 month clothes but wears some 9 and 12 month stuff as well. Those sizes are a little bigger on him, but he does a decent job of filling them out. We don't have another doctor's appointment until February so I'll be anxious to see how much he has grown!

1 comment:

  1. great to hear some updates from you! that's so exciting about the nanny job! how did you hear about it? thinking about you guys and missing you all!
    love
    meliss

    ReplyDelete